House Moving Checklist
Moving House Checklist provided by our professional removalists
Moving House Preparation : Inspection
- At the beginning of moving house, it is good decision to get a property inspector, to inspect everything before you can move in your new property. Fixing, replacing, electric and Plumbing works are always best done with no furniture in the house. It will give you an upfront confidence in the building durability and also save you an extra headache of moving furniture items around the house if something went wrong.
- Make sure you Mobile phone is ON and the battery is fully charged.
- Ensure that the driveway is clear of any obstructions, so the removalists can easily reverse the truck close to the entrance, so all stuff is loaded quickly and painlessly.
- Ensure the potted plants are moved away from the driveway sides, so there is no chance of accidental damage.
- Cut the plants around the driveway to a max height on 3 feet, so they are not an obstruction while moving furniture.
- If you have Kids make sure there is someone to baby sit and all the pets are not moving around the house but moved to an empty room because kids can get injured and removalist can trip over pets and can injure pets or themselves.
Fulfill your commitments
- Ensure that there are no other commitments which might force you to leave the removalists by themselves. You must be there for the entire duration of the move.
- You must write a letter to the new occupants / Real estate agent, describing about the house, the neighbors, tricks with appliances if any to help them get settled.
- When handing over keys, do-not forget to hand over garage remotes, appliance manuals and their warranty card.
- Label the boxes with Proper and accurate instructions for the removalists when packing, so it easy to load or unload boxes. Ensure that all boxes are taped and closed. If there is a fragile item in the box, dont forget to label it “handle with care”. Each box should not be more than 25 kilos, as above this range is a safety hazard for the removalist.
- Clear and accurate drop off address & instructions to the Removalists so they do not waste time finding the destination address.
- Make sure that there no items on top of furniture, if furniture requires assembly after drop-off make sure there are assembly manuals or instructions and all the bolts and assembly accessories are not hidden in an unknown box.
- Empty contents of side tables and cabinets to prevent them from opening during the move.
- Lock your valuable items in a safe if possible.
- Make sure all appliances required to be moved are disconnected and Refrigerators are emptied in good time before the removalists arrive.
TV & Entertainment systems
- HDTV’s , Projectors and Music Systems should be packed in their original packing for safe breakage proof move.
Read Our Terms or Service