Man & Van Options & Rough Cost Estimate
Selecting a right vehicle for the removals job is very important. Making a right choice will not only save you money but also save a big headache of not doing multiple rounds from pick and drop off address. A thoughtfully selected Man and Van option will ensure that all stuff fits and delivered smoothly.
Below are average costs of each vehicle, depending on size of house. It is a guide only and individual circumstances may vary, especially with parking distance, Levels of stairs and design of stairs, Heavy Furniture, moving pot plants and a garage full of stuff with tools etc .
One Man with a Van
Time : Average 1 to 2 hr job
Cost : $150
Van Capacity = 7 Cubic Meters
Inclusions : Comes with Loading ramp, Moving blankets, Trolleys and Moving Straps and Dolleys.
- The height of a van is not enough to fit a full height fridge in it because it is not recommended to lie the fridge on the floor on the side. Check the height of your fridge and check our vehicle size guide and if the fridge is bigger, then this option is not suitable for you.
- A thee seater couch is also considered too big for a van, measure your sizes and check it with our vehicle cabin size, before opting for “Man & Van” option
- It is impossible for one removalist to lift heavy furniture like dining table, TV cabinet etc. Unless you are willing to help, it is advised to get the services of two removalists.
Box Size : 3m(depth) x 1.5m(width) x 1.5m(height)
Two Men with a 4.5 Ton Truck
Time : Average 2 to 3 hr job
Cost : $200 to $300
Truck Capacity = 21 Cubic Meters
Inclusions : Comes with Loading ramp / Tailgate, Moving blankets, Trolleys and Moving Straps and Dolleys are provided.
Truck is 4.5 GVM and suitable for small to medium size homes and offices. There are a few considerations when it comes this vehicle :-
- 4.5 Ton truck is suitable for 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom houses. It can easily house large couches and Tall fridges. For bigger houses, this will still be most economical choice if you are moving within the same suburb or within 10 Kms.
- Two Removalists with 4.5 Ton truck is an excellent choice. Two can work in tandem, they can lift heavy furniture together and can work smoothly. Some people will argue in favour of 3 removalists, but in my experience the 3rd person if not of much help unless the house has stairs, because in a ground floor house, a third person is only lifting boxes and single items, which do not consume much time. It is the heavy lifting which takes time and unless there are stairs involved, 2 removalists are more than enough.
- If you are living in an apartment and the loading and Unloading is via undercover parking space, please measure the height of the entrance before choosing 4.5 Ton truck. Most of the time the height clearance is not enough for this vehicle to enter. In which case you have to have the truck part outside and walk all the way for loading.
Time : Average 5 to 7 hr job
Cost : $750 to $1000
Truck Capacity = 44 Cubic Meters
Inclusions : Comes with Loading ramp / Tailgate, Moving blankets, Trolleys and Moving Straps and Dolleys.
8 Ton truck is an 8m long truck, and is normaly used for 4 to 5 bedroom house. Upto 3 Men can be hired to minimize time spent.Our Advice : *Big House Moving Truck. *If you are only moving within the same suburb or within 10 km of low traffic conditions , 6.5 ton truck may turn out to be more economical. Also the two trips with 6.5 ton offer more space and saves time on stacking requirements. *If you are moving in excess of 10 Km or interstate 8 ton truck is your only choice. 8 Ton Truck – Quick QUOTE / BOOK ONLINE Box Size : 8m(depth) x 2.3m(wide) x 2.4m(high)