Pool Table Moving Tips
Pool table is a very heavy item, and a normal pool table weighs in excess of 350 kilos. Proper planning, patience and co-ordination is required for such a move. Even though you may have 10 people’s assistance at your disposal if carefully planned steps are not made, it can easily result in a damaged pool table, injury to someone.
Before the Move arrangements
- Measurements : Check all doorways and driveway before the move, so its sure you can pass the pool table without any interference with the walls and doors.
- Arrange a truck : You will require at least a 4 Ton removals truck with hydrolic lift for this move.
- Restraining straps : Buy restraining straps to restrain the slate in transit.
- Protection sheets : Arrange blankets or protection sheets to protect the timber flooring / Carpets.
- Surface protection : Pool table surface is polished and stained, to avoid scratching in transit it is advised to wrap the table with protective sheets or blankets.
Step by Step Pool Table Moving guide
- Dismantle the pillars : This will require 3 people, unscrew the three legs on the long side and lift the table from one side carefully, and the legs are removed and placed away. The table is slowly placed on the floor on soft floor protectors. Unscrew the other 3 legs and lift the table to remove the legs and put them away and place the slate slowly on the floor.
- Loading the Slate : Load the slate on a Piano Trolley on the long side, and use floor protectors before moving the trolley over the floor. Move the trolley over the hydraulic lift of the truck and place the slate in a way it can be easily loaded on to the truck, and once it is lifted roll it inside and remove it from the trolley and wrap it with blankets and strap it to the truck walls to prohibit it from getting damaged during the move.
- Loading the Legs : Load all the legs of the pool table on the truck and wrap it in blankets to avoid transportation damage.
- Unloading the Slate : Follow the same guide to unload the slate as stated above in loading the slate. Move the slate to the place you want the table to be located.
- Assembling the legs : Lift the table from one side and screw all 3 legs, once done let the table rest on the legs and lift the other side and screw the other 3 legs and place it down slowly. Once done you can lift the table and place it in a place you want.
If you are thinking this will be too much a job for you, you are probably right. There is big risk of getting hurt and injuring others with heavy parts like slate. Do-not attempt to take more than what you are capable to move. The best advice will be to hire the professionals at Melbourne City Movers. Our Pool table removalists are renowned for quality, experience and strength.